One official transcript from each post-secondary institution previously attended is required for newly admitted graduate students into the Andrew Young School. Admission is contingent upon submitting final official transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended for any period of time (regardless of whether you graduated from the institution, where your final degree(s) was received, length of time you attended, your status, whether the grades earned are also listed on another institution’s transcript, or any other reason, including community colleges, study abroad programs, and AP credit).
Requirements for submitting official transcripts upon admission:
- Each set of hard-copy transcripts must be in an envelope from the institution, closed with the institution’s official seal, and must be submitted unopened to the address listed below.
- Official electronic transcripts are electronically delivered official transcripts sent securely from the issuing academic institution to GradApply@gsu.edu.
- Final official transcripts must include:
- One or more of the following features: registrar’s seal, registrar’s signature, or watermark of the institution.
- Your name and the institution’s name.
- Degree and date conferred if from institutions granting a degree.
- An official diploma or degree certificate page, if the degree is not listed on the transcript.
- Notarized translation with the original document if not in English.
- Final Transcript: An applicant who may have been granted admission pending completion of their undergraduate degree must file an official final transcript showing the awarding of the degree as soon as it is available, but at the latest by the first day of classes.
- International Credentials:
- International transcripts must be in English and include mark sheets and course listing with grades, degree certification, and the signature of the Registrar.
- If the institution does not provide an English translation, a certified English translation must be provided with the original transcript.
If official transcripts have not been received by the first day of classes, a registration hold will be placed on students’ account. This hold will prevent students from registering for future terms, withdrawing or changing enrollment, or generally progressing beyond the first semester until all official transcripts have been received by the Office of Admissions – Graduate Programs for Georgia State University.
|For Regular Mail||In-person or Express Carrier||Official Electronic|
Office of Admissions – Graduate Programs
Office of Admission – Graduate Programs