News & Events
- Peter Bluestone FRC Senior Research Associate, was interviewed by an ABC affiliate (WSB-TV in Atlanta) regarding how the sequester will effect local federal employees. The interview can be viewed here.
- Carolyn Bourdeaux, FRC Associate Director, was interviewed by WABE - FM 90.1 (Atlanta's home for NPR and PBS public radio). The interview, regarding how Georgia is losing high paying jobs, can be viewed here.
- Sally Wallace, FRC Director, was interviewed for the Douglas County Sentinel for "Tax Hikes Will Hurt, But Have Little Impact on Economy." The article can be found here.
- New reports are available in the FRC Publications section.
- The Fiscal Research Center joined the Andrew Young School and the entire Georgia State University community for GSU At the Capitol on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 in the Rotunda of the State Capitol building to discuss the Center's activities and recent publications.
- Weathering the Perfect Storm: A Forum on Options and Issues for the Future of School Finance in Georgia. Thursday November 1, 2012, 8:30am-12pm, at the AYSPS 7th Floor Conference Room. This community forum on education finance in Georgia included nationally recognized scholars on education policy and school finance as well as Georgia education policymakers. To view more information about this event, click here.
- Dan E. Sweat Lecture Series - 2012. "Does Raising Educational Standards Raise Student Achievement?" Presented by Brian Jacob (Professor of Education Policy and Economics, University of Michigan), Tuesday October 2, 2012, 3:00-4:30pm, at the AYSPS 7th Floor Conference Room. To view more information about this event, click here.
- Click here for the Dan E. Sweat Dissertation Fellowship Application.
- Special Council on Tax Reform and Fairness for Georgians. This page hosts material presented in the Tax Reform Council.
- The FRC released a study prepared for the Creating a New Milton County Project. To view report, click here.
The FRC and the International Studies Program hosted the 2009 Academic Conference on Government Programs, Distribution & Equality. This academic conference explored the link between government programs, policy and the resulting effects on distribution and equality. For more information, click here.