Graduate Frequently Asked Questions
Criminal Justice Department:
Master of Science and Doctoral students in Criminal Justice: Dr. Eric Sevigny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Public Management and Policy Department:
Master's and Certificate programs: Ms. Michelle Lacoss (email@example.com) with administrative advisement questions
Dr. John Thomas, Director of MPA/MPP program (firstname.lastname@example.org) for academic advisement.
Doctoral students in Public Policy: Dr. Christine Roch (email@example.com).
Master of Social Work: Ms. Renanda Dear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students in the MS Criminal Justice program should consult with Dr. Eric Sevigny (email@example.com) for course substitutions.
- Criminal Justice students should contact their advisor to go over their program requirements and fill out the program of study to be submitted to the Office of Academic Assistance
- Master of Science and PhD Advisor - Dr. Eric Sevigny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Economics students should contact their advisor to go over the degree requirements and fill out a program of study form to be submitted to the Office of Academic Assistance.
- Public Management and Policy
- Students within the Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Policy, and graduate certificate programs should review their academic evaluation online through PAWS. This will show you exactly which courses you should take and list the courses you have already taken.
- PhD students in Public Policy should contact Dr. Christine Roch (email@example.com) to go over degree requirements and fill out a program of study form to be submitted to the Office of Academic Assistance.
- School of Social Work students should contact their advisor to go over the degree requirements.
- Master of Social Work - Ms. Renanda Wood Dear (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Note: Generally undergraduate students may not be approved to cross register for a course at another institution within 50 miles of Georgia State University if the course is routinely offered at Georgia State.
- Mondays and Thursdays: 2:30 - 4:00 PM
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 9:30 - 11:00 AM
Students may also make individual appointments by calling the OAA (404-413-0021) or emailing their advisor in advance.
- Criminal Justice: 404-413-1020
- Economics: 404-413-0104
- Public Management and Policy: 404-413-0107
- Social Work: 404-413-1050
Generally, if no additional seats or sections will be added students should check the online schedule regularly and during the drop/add period for course openings.
Criminal Justice PhD students may transfer up to 6 credit hours into their program. Students should consult with the doctoral coordinator Dr. Eric Sevigny (email@example.com) for details.
Economics PhD students may transfer up to 15 credit hours into their current program. Students should consult with the doctoral coordinator Dr. Rusty Tchernis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
Public Policy PhD students do not have a transfer limit. Students should consult with the doctoral program Director, Dr. Christine Roch (email@example.com), for details.
|Hold Type||Contact/Action for resolution|
|Emergency Contact Hold||Instructions on How to Remove an Emergency Contact Hold|
|Student Accounts Hold||One Stop shop: 404-413-2600, 227/228 Sparks Hall, or firstname.lastname@example.org|