Admitted Graduate Student Next Steps
- Activate your CampusID. Your Campus ID is your passport to access online services at Georgia State.
- Set up your student email account. All official communication form the university is sent to your student email.
- Access your PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) account. This is the online system you will use to register for classes, view academic records, update personal information, view financial aid and pay tuition and fees and much more!
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia requires that any student applying to Georgia State University will be required to provide verification of their lawful presence in the United State before admission to the university can be finalized. Specific information on this requirement is located at this webpage. You may submit your lawful presence documentation at https://aysps.wufoo.com/forms/document-submission-for-citizenship-verification/. Question regarding the verification process may directed to AYS Graduate Admissions at GradAYS@gsu.edu.
Be sure to submit your immunization records by the first day of classes. Find the immunization form here. If you can't secure immunization records you can receive the needed vaccines from your local health department, private physical or the Georgia State University Health Services. There is a fee at all locations for vaccines. For more information on GSU's services visit the University Health Services web page.
To ensure Georgia State University can reach you or close contact person in case of an emergency each student must update his or her information each semester. A hold is placed on your PAWS account each semester to remind you to update your information. Instructions on removing the hold are located here.
If you have not already done so, you are required to turn in an official transcript from all post-secondary institutions attended, and an official, final transcript and degree certificate showing proof of earned degree from your graduating institution (unless Georgia State University) before the first day of classes. You should submit that transcript to:
|For Regular Mail||In-person or Express Carrier|
Office of Academic Assistance
Office of Academic Assistance
Filling out your FAFSA application is important if you are looking for any type of federal financial aid (loans, grants etc.). If you have not already filled the form out take a few minutes to do so here. You will be able to review your award status online through your PAWS account once it is processed and sent to GSU. For questions about federal financial aid you may contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Follow the links below on where to begin the advisement and registration process. Be sure to register early and pay your tuition and fees by the due date to secure your class schedule.
- Graduate Certificate in Disaster Management
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Social Enterprise
- Graduate Certificate in Planning and Economic Development
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in Economics – Policy Track
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Social Work – Advanced Standing
- Ph.D. program in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Ph.D. program in Economics
- Ph.D. Program in Public Policy – GSU
- Ph.D. Program in Public Policy – Joint GSU/GA Tech
Once registered you should check your tuition and fees through PAWS. You may review student tuition and fees on the student accounts page. Please note that tuition and fees are due on the last day of regular registration before classes begin. You should check the registration calendar and make note of the due date.
Students have multiple transportation options including: discounted monthly MARTA cards, shuttle service, and on-campus parking. All parking requires that a vehicle be pre-registered and display a valid parking permit. Vehicle registration can only be done online through PAWS/GoSOLAR. Complete and current information can be found online or by calling the Auxiliary Services Office at (404) 413-9500.
Students receiving a Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) and International Students are required to carry health insurance. For more information on this requirement please review the mandatory health insurance plan provided by the University System of Georgia. A voluntary plan is also made available for students not covered under the mandatory plan.