Denise Jenkins serves as the College Financial Officer for the Andrew Young School. She has been in this position since July 2013. Prior to joining the Andrew Young School, Denise served in Georgia State University’s Office of Budget & Planning and as the College Finance Officer for the College of Education.
In her role as College Financial Officer, Denise is responsible for the following:
- All financial and budgetary functions associated with state, sponsored, and foundation funds for the college (i.e. budget amendments, adjustments, Retroactive Cost Transfers, General Ledger journal entries),
- Serves as the Internal Control Officer (i.e. expenditure review process, establish financial workflow approvals);
- Is the final approver on financial transactions in the Spectrum and Panther Mart systems;
- Supervises the Dean’s Office Research Support Division.
- Serves as the P-card coordinator and point-of-contact for cash handling, disbursements, grants & contracts, and revenue and receivable services.
Denise received her B.B.A. from Georgia State University in the areas of Accounting and Management.