Master of Education in Learning Design and Technology, University of Hawai‘i
Master’s in Education Certificate, Disability and Diversity Studies, University of Hawai‘i
Master’s in Education Certificate, Online Learning and Teaching, University of Hawai‘i
Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Fine Art, The George Washington University
Mya Eveland works as lead instructional designer and project manager for Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University. In this role she implements projects, including program development, course development (in-person, hybrid, online, and online hybrid), educational products (student supports, multimedia, master course frameworks), instructional design (product design and development, trainings, faculty supports and professional development, guides, master course frameworks, assessment, and evaluation), and project management (planning, processes, collaborative e-management, monitoring, team and task management). She also works on other collaborative projects to connect and support AYSPS and GSU community as a whole, such as Professional Excellence Program Human Services Multimedia Collective, GSU Military Outreach Center, and online course and project management consultations.
From business to higher education and national to international work environments, she has over 15 years of experience in adult education and 13 years of experience in higher education working as a Lead Instructional Designer and Project Manager, Communications Educator, Media and Visual Communications Designer, Media Design and Production Specialist, and Online Curriculum Specialist, and over 9 years of experience developing online courses/trainings (in-person, hybrid, online, and online hybrid) in research-focused university settings.
Mya’s current focuses: human-centered learning, data-driven design, best practices in educational technology, UX design, andragogy (adult learning), authentic learning and assessment, inclusive and universal design, and accessibility.
- The first online bachelor’s program at GSU – Bachelor of Social Work
- The first online and digitally native program at AYSPS – Master of Interdisciplinary Studies in Criminal Justice Administration (MIS CJJA)
- All AYSPS instructional design online program and course development
- Course Evaluation and Quality Assurance process and products
- Online course development, facilitation, and evaluation process
- Master course design with facilitation module
- ID process faculty assessments (pre-, mid-, post)
- Student survey assessments
- ID educational branding and multimedia and virtual video shoots
- Multimedia produced Mini Lectures, Meet Your Professor and About the Course videos
- Online Program Orientations – MIS CJA, Bachelor of Social Work, Title IV-E Child Welfare Education & Training Program, Social Work Field Education (BA and MA)
- LMS conversion so community collaboration sites – GSU Social Entrepreneurship