A completed application includes the following materials submitted online. Do not submit paper copies:
- Submitted Online Application. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline. Paper applications are not available.
- Application Fee: A nonrefundable fee of $50 is required for each application. This fee must be paid online by credit card.
- Personal/Goal Statement: Two- to three-page typed statement of interest covering personal and professional goals as they relate to the Ph.D. in economics, including desired area of specialization, research interests and faculty with whom the applicant would like to work. Statement should discuss your reasons for applying to the doctoral program, expectations for completion of the coursework and dissertation, and prospective employment. Include special circumstances, if any, or other information not covered in the application you think would be helpful in evaluating your application.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Provide a complete, current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your academic, research, clinical and/or other relevant experiences.
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) Scores: Official scores must be reported to institution code 5251 and received by Georgia State by the application deadline. More information can be found at our Admissions FAQ page or, to schedule the test, at www.gre.org.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) Academic scores (International applicants only): International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS academic scores.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Letters should be submitted through the online application.
- Upload Transcripts from each Post-secondary College/University Attended:
- Upload each transcript to the Academic History section of the online application before submitting your application or upload to your application status page under the Upload Materials section if your application has been submitted.
- Review requirements for submitting transcripts here.
- Failure to follow these requirements will delay your application processing.