A completed application includes the following materials submitted online. Do not submit paper copies:
- Submitted Online Application. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline. Paper applications are not available.
- Application Fee: A nonrefundable fee of $50 is required for each application. This fee must be paid online by credit card.
- Goal Statement: The goal statement is your means of presenting yourself to the Graduate Admissions Committee. You should submit a short, typed statement of personal and professional goals as they relate to the certificate or degree program you are seeking. Most applicants write about two typed pages, summarizing their work experience, the reasons they have chosen the program, why they want to attend Georgia State, and how the degree fits in with their career goals.
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores (Optional): The GRE of the Educational Testing Service is optional. However, the GRE is strongly recommended for any applicant whose undergraduate grade-point-average (UGPA) is below 3.0. If submitting GRE scores, official scores must be reported to institution code 5251 and received by GA State by the application deadline. More information can be found at our Admissions FAQ page or, to schedule the test, at www.gre.org.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) Academic scores (International applicants only): International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS academic scores.
- Upload Transcripts from each Post-secondary College/University Attended:
- Upload each transcript to the Academic History section of the online application before submitting your application or upload to your application status page under the Upload Materials section if your application has been submitted.
- Review requirements for submitting transcripts here.
- Failure to follow these requirements will delay your application processing.