Students can choose between 2 options when applying for the BSW program.
1) Atlanta campus option – offers a combination of in-person, hybrid and online courses to choose from, at various times of day and evening. Course selection depends on scheduling and available seats, so you may end up with courses in any of these formats. This option may require attending some courses on the downtown Atlanta campus.
2) Online option – Starting Fall 2023, BSW students can reside outside of Georgia. All of your BSW courses are fully online, and you would complete a field placement in your local community, whether inside or outside of the state of Georgia
Courses are filled on a first-come, first-serve registration basis, based on the program option you choose.
For a student to be considered for B.S.W. status, the student must:
- Be in good standing at Georgia State with a minimum institutional GPA of 2.5.
- File a formal application in the school for B.S.W. status.
- Have grades of C or higher in English 1101 and 1102.
- Have successfully completed Areas A through F (except SW 2000).
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or better in the lower-division courses counted for completion of Areas A-F and a minimum grade of C or higher in SW 2000, if completed.
Entry into the B.S.W. program is a selective process on a space availability basis. A student who meets only the minimum GPA or other criteria is not necessarily guaranteed acceptance. Qualified students who are denied entry at one time will be placed on a competitive waiting list in the order of their denial to await possible access to the program at a subsequent time.
Visit Bachelor’s Degree Admissions for information on applying to Georgia State.