Please contact your assigned unit or center administrator for support as soon as you decide to respond to a funding opportunity. If possible, allow 2-4 months to work with the administrator to review the guidelines, coordinate with other colleges or institutions if necessary, develop your internal routing package, and prepare the funding agency’s required documents.
- Find funding opportunity and announcement (Internet/Faculty Insights/Colleague)
- Please fill out the Proposal Intent to Submit form.
- Contact administrator immediately for assistance with several of the following steps
- Complete the Significant Financial Interest disclosure
- Ensure all investigators/key personnel complete SFIs
- Ensure PI is registered with the sponsor, if needed (for example, NSF-FastLane and NIH-eRA Commons)
- If submitting proposal to a federal agency other than NSF, use the Cayuse424 system
- Begin developing a budget
- Build proposal sections, complete forms, add supplementary documents
- Collect documents from external collaborators
- Complete an F&A Waiver form if needed
- Proposal cover sheet/ Research Portal submission
- Final approval by Office of Sponsored Programs & Awards (OSPA)
- Proposal submitted to funding agency
See Frequently Asked Questions for more info on routing and budget templates.