For GSU faculty, researchers, and students, the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies now offers access to over 3.5 million U.S. Municipal Securities through the Municipal Securities Laboratory, headed by Professor Bart Hildreth. Very few schools offer access to this wealth of data, which offers many opportunities for fruitful research.
- Provides granular information on the primary municipal securities market from 1958 through 2017
- Daily updates available for 2015 and 2016
1) Historical Transaction Data
- Interdealer and Customer trades from 1995 through 2015
2) Short-term Obligation Rate Transparency (SHORT) from 2009
- Municipal Auction Rate Securities (ARS) from 2005 through 2015
- Municipal Variable Rate Demand Obligations (VDRO) from 2005 through 2015
3) New (2017) Academic Historical Research Data
- Transaction-level data with anonymized dealer identifiers from 2005 through 2016
- Provides real-time and historical data on various markets, including the primary and secondary municipal bond markets
- Terminal location: Andrew Young School, 3rd floor
- Managed by Robinson College of Business – Georgia State University
Data Details: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
- Universally accepted standard for classifying and identifying financial instruments across institutions and exchanges worldwide
- Required for access to all of the databases listed above
The “Perfect Information” database provides access to 50,000 globally listed companies and sovereign and sub-sovereign governments, with over 26 million original documents. This database provides the largest collection of international and fixed income debt documentation and IPO prospectuses. The company’s Debt Expert system has sorted by key market relevant topics, but documents are available for original searches and machine learning applications.
Data details: www.perfectinfo.com
A web-based business data research platform providing access to financial, economic, and marketing data through a web-based interface. Note: Users must open an account at the WRDS home. WRDS will notify Terry Decker (GSU’s WRDS administrator); once he verifies GSU status, WRDS will forward account information to the user.
These database (except EMMA) live on a secure university server with limited access. For access to data, please contact Dr. W. Bartley Hildreth (BartHildreth@gsu.edu). Available to current faculty, staff, and students only.
Funding for these resources is provided from the GSU Student Technology Fee and internal resources of the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies.