Provide the research infrastructure, support, and incentives to develop and sustain innovative and evidence-based research that will have national and international impact.
Facilitate and incentivize collaborative and interdisciplinary projects throughout AYSPS, the University, and outside institutions.
- Expand the international scope of our center and departmental research efforts.
- Leverage the Urban Studies Institute to elevate the AYSPS urban-focused research.
- Create space to foster a culture of collaboration and research throughout the AYSPS built environment.
Create a college-wide research and outreach focus using large-scale databases and experimental/behavioral techniques for evidence-based policy development and evaluation.
- Become the repository for data supporting evidence-based policy research in Georgia and the Southeast.
- Partner with other institutions to share data locally, nationally, and globally.
- Develop support for data visualization techniques.
- Develop college-wide research infrastructure and support for intensive use of big data across departments, centers, 2CI clusters, and Next Generation programs.
Improve the quality and quantity of impactful scholarly research through major academic publications.
- Incentivize and reward inter/multidisciplinary scholarly publications and research.
Continue to increase the level and diversity of externally funded research grants, contracts and philanthropic contributions.
- Develop a mentor arrangement between faculty with grantsmanship success and faculty/senior research associates to develop expertise in interdisciplinary grant writing and grant management.
- Hone an incentive mechanism to encourage grantsmanship that is consistent with the goals of AYSPS.
- Expand grant development support in AYSPS with a focus on identifying a diverse pool of funding.
- Increase the number of postdocs in AYSPS.
Expand, recognize, and reward engagement of AYSPS researchers with policymakers and practitioners.
- Enhance the visibility of technical assistance activities.
- Recognize and leverage AYSPS engagement with policymakers to promote evidence-based decision-making.
- Recognize and incentivize the translational, nonpartisan, fact-based and impactful research and analysis published in policy-oriented outlets by faculty, staff, and students.
Provide professional development opportunities for and entrepreneurial innovation of staff and encourage and reward staff for such engagement in research support, grant development, and grant execution.