To participate in this Georgia State University Textbook Survey Scholarship Giveaway, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The Georgia State University (also referred to as “Sponsor”) Textbook Survey Scholarship Giveaway (also referred to as “Giveaway”) is open only to students enrolled at the downtown campus of Georgia State University during fall semester 2019 in Andrew Young School sections of CRJU 1100/3100, CRJU 2110, CRJU 2310, CRJU 2700, ECON 2100, ECON 2015, ECON 2106, and SW 2000.
- Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 3:00 p.m. (“EST”) on December 13, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (“EST”) on December 27, 2019. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. You may enter to participate in the Sweepstakes in any of the following ways (a complete entry utilizing any of the methods shall be considered an “Entry” for purposes herein):
A: Textbook Survey Scholarship Giveaway
Navigate the Internet to the link provided in the email asking you to complete the survey, carefully read the Official Rules, complete and submit the survey. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry. You are limited to one (1) Entry per course for which you receive a request to complete the survey, for the duration of the Sweepstakes. Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of entry or other artifice or device to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries submitted using such means will be voided. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected Entries.
B: Mail Entry
Hand printing your name, complete address, phone number (area code included) and date of birth either on a postcard or on a separate piece of paper no larger than 8 ½ x 11 inches, and mailing the postcard or paper in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Georgia State University, P.O. Box 3992, Atlanta, Georgia 30302-3999. Entrants using U.S. mail may enter once (as identified in the postmarked date on the envelope). Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 27, 2019, to be received no later than December 31, 2019. Mechanically reproduced or hand-stamped entries or mailing labels or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will not be accepted. Incorrect, illegible, and incomplete entries are void. Once submitted, Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
All employees of Georgia State University as of the start of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Grand Prize (5 winners)
$150 scholarships; 5 available to win. Items not included as part of the prize which are the sole responsibility of the winner include but are not limited to, the following: The option to receive cash rather than a scholarship.
The prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, assigned, refunded, exchanged, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Prize elements may not be substituted and are non-commissionable; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
The total retail value of each prize is $150.00. All benefits and payments are personal to the winner and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable.
Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who must report the actual retail value of the prize on his/her applicable income tax return(s). Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 reporting the Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value of the prize.
Winners will be randomly selected on January 24, 2020, from among all eligible entries received. A potential winner will be notified by e-mail and will be required to sign and return within 48 hours of receipt legal documentation required by Sponsor. In signing the document(s), the winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities (including cooperative organizations) the right (but not the obligation) to photograph and/or videotape him/her; such photograph and/or videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, as part of a video or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of the Sponsor or another or for promotional purposes by Sponsor. If a potential winner does not reply to such notification within 24 hours, an e-mail notification is undeliverable after up to three (3) attempts, and/or the legal documentation required by Sponsor is not signed and returned to Sponsor within 48 hours, then winner will be disqualified. If for any reason the prize is not claimed or a winner is disqualified, then an alternate potential winner of the prize may be selected (time permitting) in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries received.
If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure, laws and regulations, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, selecting a winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on http://www.gsu.edu/alumni. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic Entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify from participating in this Sweepstakes any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a manner disruptive or abusive of the Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an Entry is acknowledgement of, and agreement to be bound by, all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT.
- Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia by and on behalf of Georgia State University, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, and each of their respective related parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies (including cooperative organizations), and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, or misuse of the prize or any part thereof. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to the prize, including without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor and its affiliated companies (including cooperative organizations) and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor shall not have any obligation to film, use or air winner’s appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants: (1) agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before the state courts of Fulton County, Georgia, and (2) waive any right to seek or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief, and (3) agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) agree that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Georgia or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Sponsor: Georgia State University, P.O. Box 3992, Atlanta, Georgia 30302-3999.
- Name of Prize Winner: For the name of the prize winner, available after January 31, 2020, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Georgia State University, Attn: Scott Jacques, P.O. Box 3992, Atlanta, Georgia 30302-3999. Requests received after February 28, 2020, will not be honored.