Writing Help at Georgia State
The Writing Studio
Visit the Writing Studio on the 24th floor of 25 Park Place, Room 2420 to practice the art of writing!
English as a Second Language (ESL)
The Intensive English Program offers tutoring services to students whose first language is not English.
ESL tutoring sessions are 45 minutes each and are held in the University Library.
Online Writing Handbooks
Consider these online writing handbooks to strengthen skills essential for expository essay writing. These handbooks cover topics in proper grammar usage, clear organization, appropriate style and correct citation.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison | Writer’s Handbook
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Dartmouth College Institute for Writing & Rhetoric
- Study Guides and Strategies – Expository Essays
Professional and Academic Writing
Check and Cite your Work
Be sure to review your work. Don’t lose points for improper grammar or incorrect citations!
- Grammarly proofreads your text for grammatical errors and plagiarism and also suggests corrections.
- Zotero allows you to attach PDFs, notes and images to your citations, organize them into collections for different projects and create bibliographies.
- EndNote is a program for managing bibliographic citations. It can automate much of the work of organizing and formatting citations and bibliographies in your writing. EndNote can connect to online sources such as GIL and article databases, output results in over 1,000 different bibliographic styles, add notes and images to your citations and more.
- The Turnitin app in BrightSpace allows students to detect unintentional plagiarism in their writing and later view feedback on their writing from professors.